HTC Evo 4G LTE users can now upgrade their devices to the latest version of ICS firmware and this firmware has been named as Viper 4G Custom ROM firmware.
Unluckily, we aren’t aware about ETA of the official Jelly bean for this device by HTC but till any update comes, you shall keep your device updated with various custom ROM firmwares which are available right here to bring the seamless customizations in your device.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update HTC Evo 4G LTE with Viper 4G Custom ROM Firmware
- This Viper 4G Custom firmware update is available only & only for HTC Evo 4G LTE models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update HTC Evo 4G LTE with Viper 4G Custom ROM Firmware
- To get started, download latest Viper 4G firmware Package in your computer and transfer the same to your device with the help of USB data cable. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume up Key + OK button simultaneously and while doing so, press the power button to make the device to enter into the boot loader mode. Select ‘recovery’ option in the boot loader mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” followed by “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the caches stored in the Smartphone.
- Once done, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the latest Viper 4G Custom firmware update package. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes.
- Once the installation is over, the device will land back in recovery mode. Now, select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully installed Viper 4G Custom ROM firmware on your HTC Evo 4G LTE Android Device.