Now there is good news for all the HTC Incredible 2 users who want to update to the Android ICS 4.0 Firmware. AOKP build, which is basically an Android open KANG Project made firmware has released a new firmware, AOKP build 40 firmware update for the HTC Incredible 2.
Since there has been no release of Android ICS 4.0 for the HTC Incredible 2 and there is no updates on when it will be released, using this AOKP firmware is the best option for all the Incredible 2 users.
Note: We will not be held responsible or liable for any sort of damage happened to your device for following our instructions.
Pre-requisites to Update HTC Incredible 2 with AOKP ICS Build 40 Firmware
- The AOKP ICS Build 40 Firmware is only for HTC Incredible 2 device and it should be applied only on this device. Also, you should not try this firmware update on NETWORK LOCKED version’s of HTC Incredible 2.
- Take full backup of the internal data in your device like contacts, SMS, MMS, Call log, images, etc with the help of backup applications.
- Please ensure that your device have a minimum of 50% battery for smooth and ideal firmware update or your HTC Incredible 2 will be turned off during the update which will result in a catastrophe.
- Disable all the anti-virus programs in your computer as well as the mobile for non-interruption from these programs.
- Ensure that the USB Debugging mode is enabled in your HTC Incredible 2. If it isn’t enable, you can do it by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Once you finish these pre-requisties we can move on to the main HTC Incredible 2 firmware update process.
How To Update HTC Incredible 2 with AOKP ICS Build 40 Firmware
- Download HTC Incredible 2 AOKP Firmware package & Google Apps from here to your computer directly.
- Transfer the downloaded files to your device by connecting your mobile with your computer using a data cable.
- Once you have transferred the files to your device, disconnect it from the computer.
- Now download the “Root Checker” app from Google Play store for checking whether your device is rooted or not.
- To get started with the firmware update, turn off your device so that it can enter into the recovery mode with boot loader mode. To enter into the boot loader mode, press and hold Volume Up + Home (Center Key) + Power button simultaneously. If HTC Incredible starts in normal mode, you need to repeat the steps again.
- In recover mode/boot loader mode, select Wipe data/factory reset along with Wipe Cache partition.
- Now select the HTC Incredible 2 AOKP firmware package and Google apps in your device while in the recovery mode. The installation process will start and finish within 5-10 minutes.
- Once it is done, select the option “Go Back” and then “reboot system now”. Your HTC device will reboot in normal mode.
That’s it. Now you have successfully update your HTC Incredible 2 Android device to the AOKP ICS Build 40 Firmware.