HTC One S device can now be updated with the all new released update namely Bravia Engine Onyx firmware and this firmware is all new bundled firmware which is named as ‘Onyx’ and this firmware has lots of features.
Be aware that this is not an official firmware by HTC and before you apply these steps to apply this update, ensure that you have custom recovery installed on your device. So, let us move to detailed guide to apply this firmware update.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update HTC One S with Bravia Engine Onyx Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with HTC One S. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update HTC One S with Bravia Engine Onyx Custom ROM Firmware
- Download Onyx Custom ROM firmware.
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone’s internal memory by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into boot loader mode and to do the same, turn off your phone and then Volume Down + OK + Power button.
- In boot loader mode, selection option of “recovery” and you will enter into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then choose the Onyx ROM file and Radio as you transferred them earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- As it’s done, select, ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart.
Now when your HTC One S Android Phone boots up, you would be running Onyx Custom ROM Firmware.