Persons who are having the HTC One S smartphone may upgrade their device with the latest Trick Droid Custom ROM firmware. One of the best part of this custom ROM firmware is; you can make use of faster file system which is EXT4 system. Additionally, one can also benefit from the RAM optimizations as well as better battery life clubbed with awesome themes and overall user interface which is way different from the monotonous stock firmware.
As of now, there is no exact timeline on by when there will be official jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update which is awaited from HTC’s front. This is a custom ROM firmware and not an official firmware released by HTC.
WARNING : You should not apply this firmware on the Boot loader locked/Network Locked device as it may brick the device.
Useful Features of Trick Droid :
- Better CPU Performance
- init.d scripts support
- Removed 3-dot menu by blubbers
- Removed bloatware
- Custom Bootanimation
- 1% stock battery
- Advanced Power Menu
- Extended Quick Settings
- Rooted with SuperSU
- UI Optimization
- Unsecured boot.img
- Newest BusyBox
- UI Optimization
- Excellent battery life
- GPU UI Rendering
- RAM Optimization
- sysro/sysrw permission
- Better CPU Performance
Please make a note that this firmware can be accommodated only on the rooted device; so you need to do the same. If you are not sure whether your device is rooted or not then download the “Root Checker” app from the Google Play Store.
Pre requisites to Update HTC One S with Super Fast Trick Droid Custom ROM Firmware:
- Before start to apply this update we strongly recommend you to take backup of all your precious data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs, APNs etc) present in your phone. Just in case; if your data might corrupted or erased due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
- Once you have created a backup of the data, move all the backup files to your computer so that they are safe.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of at least 40% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you have performed all the above mentioned instructions, you can head over to the next steps where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update in your HTC One S android device.
DISCLAIMER : We and even the developer won’t be held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
How to Update HTC One S with Super Fast Trick Droid Custom ROM Firmware:
- First download the trick droid custom ROM firmware package and Google Apps from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, then connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your phone.
- After that disconnect the device from the computer and turn OFF the phone from computer and turn OFF your HTC One S so that it can be entered in the recovery mode via the boot loader mode.
- For that you need to press and hold the volume down button and press the power button for turning the device in the boot loader mode and then select to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- If the device enters in the normal mode, then you will have to again try by following the above steps. You can also enter your HTC One S directly in the recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY store.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD Card” > “Choose zip from SD Card” and then choose the “Trick Droid Custom ROM firmware package” which you placed in the device and then select Google Apps Package.
- It will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update and 4 -5 minutes for rebooting the device. Please note that it may take longer time too for booting the device as it will be the first reboot after applying the update.
NOTE : Suppose your HTC One S device does not boot up or say if it refuses to show up the home screen, then Long press the power button to turn in OFF and follow all the above instructions again from the start
Congo! you have now successfully applied the update of Trick Droid Custom ROM firmware update in your HTC One S which can be checked from the path “Settings > About Phone”.