Here arrives the Trick Droid Custom ROM firmware for HTC One S and below, we’ll be sharing an easy tutorial to install the same on your devices.
Readers need to be aware that this is not an official firmware released by HTC neither we have any ETA about when there would be an official Jelly Bean Android 4.1 update for this device.
This custom ROM firmware is highly featured with various features like best RAM utilization and excellent battery life as well as visual enhancements. This firmware update ropes in the latest ICS 4.0.4 firmware package.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update HTC One S with Trick Droid Custom ROM firmware
- This Jelly Bean 4.1 based Androxide firmware update is available only & only for Samsung Galaxy Nexus S models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update HTC One S with Trick Droid Custom ROM firmware
- To get started, download tweak package & Trick Droid Custom ROM firmware package in your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer and transfer the packages to the device. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume down Key + OK button and while doing so, press the power button to enter boot loader mode. In boot loader mode, select recovery option.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the Trick Droid Custom ROM update package. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes.
- Once done, repeat the procedure for installing the Tweak Package.
- Once the installation is over, select “Go back” in recovery mode followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully updated HTC One S with Trick Droid Custom ROM firmware Android Device.