In due course of this article, we are guiding you how to update the existing firmware to the latest AOKP based Jellybean firmware 4.1 version in HTC One V CDMA smartphone.
This update comes with all the features of Jellybean 4.1.1 and overall UI resembles the same as that of the Galaxy NEXUS powered by Jellybean 4.1 firmware. Full credits will goes to the XDA developer who coming up with this update.
But before starting to apply this update in HTC One V CDMA smartphone you need to do some prior arrangements which we have given below so as it will update successfully.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-requisites to Update HTC One V CDMA smartphone with AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update:
- This AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update is Strictly for HTC ONE V CDMA device and not for the GSM version of the device. So don’t try this in other devices if you do so there is a possibility to cause damage.
- Before start to apply this update we strongly advise you to take backup of all the data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs etc) present in your phone. If you lost your data while applying this update due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
- Once your have created a backup of all the data present in your device, connect your device to the computer and transfer all the backup files to your computer.
- Ensure that you have kept minimum battery level of at-least 60%; to avoid your device switched OFF in between while applying this update.
- Disable all the antivirus suites present in your phone so that it won’t be interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned instructions you can proceed to the next step by following the given below procedures.
How to Update CDMA HTC One V with AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update:
- Once you have downloaded, then connect your device to the computer using the USB cable and place this two zip files in your device. We advise you not to keep the files deep inside the sub folders.
- Since this is a custom ROM Firmware it will get updated only in the rooted device. So, it is necessary to check whether your device is rooted or not. If you are not sure about the same then download the “Root checker” app from the Google Play Store.
- To enter HTC One V in the recovery mode, turn OFF the device. Press and hold the Volume Down Button and press the power button for turning the device in the Recovery mode.
- If the device enters in the normal mode, then try again by following the aforementioned steps.
- If the ROM Manager is installed in your device, you can enter into the recovery mode by selecting the option of “Reboot into Recovery Mode” in the ROM Manager app which can be found in the Google PLAY store.
- Now, in the recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” and then choose the “AOKP Firmware Package” which you placed in the device and then the Google Apps Package.
- So, once you have selected the zip package, it will take few more minutes for applying this update in your device.
- Once the firmware is updates, the device will be landing back in the recovery mode.
- Select “Go Back” and “reboot system now” for rebooting the device. If you want to check whether the firmware is updated successfully or not, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware version”.
Note : In case if your device does not boot up or refuses to show the home screen, then Long press the Power button to turn it OFF and again try the whole process of applying update again after clearing the cache and wiping the data from the recovery mode.
Congo! now you have successfully learnt how to apply the update of AOKP release in your HTC ONE V CDMA android smartphone.