In this article, we will be checking out on how you can easily install the latest AOKP which ropes in the Jellybean 4.1 firmware in HTC One V device.
Please make a note that there is no ETA on by when there will be an official firmware of Jellybean in for HTC One V but as it arrives we will come up with the same so that you can manually update the same.
DISCLAIMER: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Before start to apply this update you need to ensure that your HTC One V smartphone is rooted and to check the same, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. This firmware comes with the Jellybean kernel and the latest Google Apps which comes pre loaded with the Jellybean.
Compatibility: This firmware should be applied only to the GSM Version of devices and not to CDMA versions so don’t try with that or else it may brick the device.
Necessary Steps you need to follow before to update Stable AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware with HTC One V:
- Before start to apply this update we strongly advise you to take backup of all the data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs etc) present in your phone. If you lost your data while applying this update due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
- But don’t use HTC Sync for backing up the data as it does not support the custom ROM firmwares.
- Once you have created a backup of the data, move all the backup files in your computer so that they are safe.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of atleast 50% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you confirmed you have done all the above mentioned instructions, then you can switch over to the next steps which we have given below to apply this firmware update in your device.
How to Update HTC One V with Stable AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
1. Download the AOKP Firmware Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your phone.
2. Once placed, disconnect the device and turn off the phone so that it can be entered in the recovery mode via the boot loader mode. Press and hold the Volume Down button and press the Power button for turning the device in the boot loader mode and then select to enter the device in the recovery mode. If the device enters in the normal mode, then you will have to again try by following the above steps.
4. In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” and then choose the “AOKP Firmware Package” which you placed in the device and then select Google Apps Package.
5. Once you have selected it will take around 5 more minutes to apply this update in your HTC One V Smartphone.
6. As soon as update is applied, select “Go Back” with the help of Volume rocker keys and Press the power button to confirm the same.
TIP: In case if your HTC One V device doesn’t boot up or say if it refuses to how up the home screen, then Long press the power button to turn it Off and follow all the above instructions again from the start.
If you want to check whether the firmware has been successfully applied or not, you can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where it will show the current firmware as Jellybean 4.1.1 AOKP built.
Now, there you see you have successfully applied the firmware of AOKP built of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware in your HTC One V.