HTC one X, the featured Smartphone from the house of HTC which got an update the 2nd time and this is update which is out internationally and this update is dubbed as 1.29.401.7 OTA ICS 4.0.3 Update which fixes all the prominent bugs and issues which were in the previous update.
So, let us move to the step-by-step tutorial and it also contains some pre-requisites which you need to follow in order to apply this update safely.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update HTC One X with 1.29.401.7 OTA ICS 4.0.3 Update
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with HTC One X. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How To Update HTC One X with 1.29.401.7 OTA ICS 4.0.3 Update
- Download Update Zip file (Alternate Link).
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone’s internal memory by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into boot loader mode and to do the same, turn off your phone and then Volume up+ OK and then hold both buttons simultaneously and press Power Button.
- In boot loader mode, choose the option of ‘recovery’.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then choose the 1.29.401.7 ROM file as you transferred them earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- As its done, select, ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart.
Now when your Phone boots up, you would be running 1.29.401.7 OTA ICS 4.0.3 ROM on your HTC One X Android device.