Here arrives the Charmeleon Custom ROM firmware for HTC One X. Looking into other sources; people consider it has one of the best looking ROM. In due course of article, we’ll check a guide to apply this update along with pre-requisites.
Also, this update is not an official one but this ROM is developed by third party developers. This firmware is loaded with visual tweaks and performance tweaks which not even make your device visually appealing but also loaded with many pre-loaded apps which make your Smartphone usage experience better than ever.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update HTC One X with Charmeleon Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with HTC One X. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
Steps to Update HTC One X with Charmeleon Custom ROM Firmware
- Download Charmeleon Custom ROM firmware directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the file you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into boot loader mode. To enter into boot loader mode, press and hold Volume Up + OK + Power button. In boot loader mode, select the option ‘recovery’ to enter into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ so that you can clear the cache. Up next, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the ‘Charmeleon ROM file’ as you transferred the file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- Next up, in recovery mode, select ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
So, you’re done with your update of HTC One X Android device With Charmeleon Custom ROM Firmware!