MIUI has become one of the popular ROM and got good response from the users. MIUI seems to become much popular then the CM9 releases and today, on similar lines, we will be checking a tutorial to update your HTC one X with the Latest MIUI v2.5.18 Custom ROM Firmware.
Before you follow the steps mentioned in this post. Just ensure that your phone – HTC One X is rooted and CWM recovery image is also installed on the same. Note that this is not an official ROM, but a Custom ROM. So, let us move to the tutorial.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update HTC One X with Latest MIUI v2.5.18 Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with HTC One X. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update HTC One X with Latest MIUI v2.5.18 Custom ROM Firmware
- First, make sure that you’ve installed CM9 ROM on your device so that there are no troubles while installing this MIUI ROM.
- Next up, download the boot.img file and MIUI for One X Zip to your Computer.
- Connect the phone to computer and Transfer the downloaded file to the phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the phone and turn it off to enter the boot loader mode.
- To enter the same, Press Volume Up + OK + Power button.
- In boot load, choose the option ‘fastboot’ with Volume buttons.
- As you enter fastboot mode, connect the phone again to the computer.
- Next, extract the “Flash_Boot_MIUI.Zip” which is the boot.img file you downloaded earlier and after extracting, open the “flash-boot-windows.bat” file by double-clicking on it.
- And once the kernel is flashed, the window would close on its own.
- As the phone will turn ON, select the HBOOT option with volume buttons and press ‘POWER’ button to select the same.
- Select the option of ‘recovery’ to enter into recovery mode.
- There, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’.
- Once the wipe is done, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then choose the MIUI ROM which you transferred earlier to your phone and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- As it’s done land back to the main recovery screen and then select, ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your HTC One X Android Phone boots up, you would be running Latest MIUI v2.5.18 Custom ROM Firmware.