HTC Sensation users can now easily update their devices with AOKP Based ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware. As for now, there won’t be any official ICS update for HTC Sensation and neither the company has revealed the time when they are going to release an official update.
This firmware is a Custom ROM which ropes in the latest AOKP build which is the Android Open KANG Project. Since it is in beta stages, some bugs can occur but overall working of this firmware is fine.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update HTC Sensation with AOKP Based ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only HTC Sensation. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update HTC Sensation with AOKP Based ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware
- Download AOKP based Custom ROM Firmware (md5: md5- 67a9b64fac071434d00e498acdedb770) & Google Apps directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode. To enter into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down+ Power button.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the AOKP ROM along with Google Apps file as you transferred these files earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- After it’s done, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ so that you can clear the cache. Next, select the option of ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your HTC Sensation Android Phone boots up, you would be running AOKP Based ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware.