Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware has been arrived for HTC Sensation smartphone users. Those who wants to update this firmware may make use of this guide which we have given below. This firmware is based on CyanogenMod 10 build. It brings several features to HTC Sensation; once you update this firmware, you can enjoy the features including Audio, Acceleration, Connectivity, Charging and USB, Camera, Hardware, Wi-Fi, Sensors, Headphones etc.
Please be informed that this is not an official firmware released by HTC; it was developed by senior XDA developer bruce2728. Before start to proceed, strictly follow the pre requisites which we have given below. As this is a custom ROM, you should root your device. Check whether the phone is rooted by downloading the Root Checker app from Google Play Store. Once you have rooted, then install the Custom Recovery image.
DISCLAIMER : Follow the given below steps at your own risk. We and even the developer will not be held responsible for damages takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre requisites to Update HTC Sensation with Jellybean 4.1.2 Custom ROM Firmware:
- It is always advisable to be on a safer side, before try anything newly in your device, so before start to apply this firmware create a backup of your favorite apps, important personal data and Settings etc. So, just in case if you lost your datas due to any reasons you could recover them easily with the help of backups.
- But don’t backup the data with the help of ROM Manager as it may brick the device.
- Make sure that you have left the battery level of 80% or else there is a risk of your device getting shut down during the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus tools in your HTC Sensation; because it may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your HTC Sensation and also make sure that all of your PC’s USB ports are active and are working.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned instructions properly, head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to update your HTC Sensation with Jellybean 4.1.2 Custom ROM Firmware.
Procedure to Update HTC Sensation with Jellybean 4.1.2 Custom ROM Firmware:
- Once it has been downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the downloaded zip file in the internal memory of your phone.
- After that unplug the phone from the computer. Download the ROM Manager app from the Google Play Store.
- Once downloaded, select the option of “Flash Clock Work Mod Recovery” in the device. Now, select “Reboot into recovery mode” for booting the device in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache Partition”. Now in the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from internal SD card” and select Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware package and Google Apps Package which you have placed in your phone.
NOTE : If your device enters into the boot loop sequence or doesn’t proceed after HTC Logo, press the power button for 5 seconds to completely Turn OFF the device and then follow the above mentioned instructions.
To Check : Settings > About Phone
Congrats! You’ve now successfully updated Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware in your HTC Sensation android device.