HTC Sensation users can now put their hands over the MIUI Jellybean 4.1 firmware and in due course of this article, we’ll be checking out how you can install the same. In these times where AOKP and AOSP are making itself heard after the Cyanogen Mod 10 built firmwares, MIUI is also not less even when we compare it to other custom ROM firmwares.
We would like to all the credits to smokin901 for coming up with these release which comes with bunch of feature, great visuals and solid performance.
This MIUI ROM isn’t an official release HTC but it ropes into the magic of Jellybean 4.1 firmware. Before you apply this update, you need to ensure that your device is rooted. If you aren’t sure about the same, kindly download the ‘Root Checker’ app from the Google PLAY Store. So, ensure that you your device is rooted or you’re on a rooted firmware.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update HTC Sensation with MIUI Jellybean 4.1 Firmware
- This MIUI Jellybean 4.1 firmware update is available only & only for HTC Sensation models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update HTC Sensation with MIUI Jellybean 4.1 Firmware
- To get started, download MIUI Jellybean 4.1 Firmware Package in your computer and transfer the same to your device with the help of USB data cable. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume Down button simultaneously and while doing so, press the power button to make the device to enter into the recovery mode. If HBOOT menu does not appears, then just turn off fast boot in the Settings < power menu.
- In boot loader mode, select the option “Recovery” from the recovery mode menu so that you can enter into stock recovery.
- As you have entered into the Clock Work Mod recovery, now flash the MIUI Jellybean 4.1. The installation process would begin and it will get completed with few minutes.
There you go! Now you have successfully installed MIUI Jellybean 4.1 firmware on your HTC Sensation Android Device.