HTC Sensation users, here’s a good news for all of you since HTC Sensation can now be updated to the latest version of ICS Android 4.0. Recently Germany has received official version of ICS Android 4.0 since this one is a global update, anyone around the world can apply this update.
This all new update is dubbed as 3.32.401.5 OTA which ropes in the goodness of ICS Android 4.0 release.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites Update HTC Sensation with Official 3.32.401.5 ICS 4.0 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with HTC Sensation. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
Steps to Update HTC Sensation with Official 3.32.401.5 ICS 4.0 Firmware
- Download the 3.32.401.5 OTA file to your Computer.
- Transfer the file you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now, press the Volume Down button and press the Power button. If the HBOOT menu doesn’t appear then you need to turn off fast boot in the Settings > Power menu.
- In recovery mode, select option of ‘recovery’ to enter into the stock recovery. If CWM recovery boots up, then flash the 1.50.401.1 RUU.
- Next, once the screen gets red color and then press Volume Up and then press the Power button. It will display a message saying “can’t open cache/recovery/command” and then bring up the recovery menu and select the option of apply update from SD Card” to select the OTA Zip file which you placed in the device.
- The installation process would finish in 5-6 minutes.
So, you’re done with the Official 3.32.401.5 Android 4.0 ICS update!