In due course of this article we are guiding you with a detailed tutorial on how you can apply the Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update in the HTC Thunderbolt Android smartphone with simple instructions.
Please make a note that, since this is a custom ROM firmware; developed by a recognized XDA developer [SP] JESTER you need to root your device before you start to apply this update.
If you are not sure whether your device is rooted or not then you can check the same with the help of “Root Checker” app which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store and tap on “Check Root Access”.
The features which we have mentioned below is not working in this firmware built.
1. Video Camera still Broke
2. Netflix is dead
3. Wifi Tether may be broke for now, Use the Internal version in settings
DISCLAIMER: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-requisites to Update HTC Thunderbolt with Jellybean 4.1.1 Based AOKP Firmware:
- Before start to apply this update we strongly advise you to take backup of all the data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs etc) present in your phone. If you lost your data while applying this update due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
- But don’t use HTC Sync for backing up the data as it won’t support the device after getting updated.
- Once you have created a backup of the data, move all the backup files in your computer so that they are safe.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of atleast 50% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you confirmed you have done all the above mentioned instructions, then you can switch over to the next steps which we have given below to apply this firmware update in your device.
How to Update HTC Thunderbolt with Jellybean 4.1.1 based AOKP Firmware Update:
- First download the Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer using the original USB cable and place these two zip files in your computer.
- Once placed, disconnect the device and turn Off the device so that it can be then entered in the recovery mode via the boot loader mode.
- You can also enter the device in the recovery mode with the help of “ROM Manager” which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store. Once you open the ROM Manager app, select “enter into the Recovery Mode” which will then enter the device in the recovery mode. if not then by following the below step you can enter the device in the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode in HTC thunderbolt can be entered by pressing the Volume Down button + Power Button till you see the recovery mode screen on your phone.
- Select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Jellybean ROM Firmware Package and then after that the Google Apps which is placed in the phone in the same mentioned order.
- If you face any issues then you will have to clear the cache and wipe the data from the recovery mode so as to clear out all the data present in your phone.
- Once the files are selected, it will take some few more minutes for applying this update. As soon as the update is applied successfully, select “Go Back” and then select “reboot system now” for rebooting the phone.
TIP: Just in case, if the update process gets failed or interrupted, then you need to apply the update again by following the steps again from the start. Don’t forget to restore the backup which you have taken in the initial steps.
Congo! you have now successfully applied the update of Abduction custom ROM firmware in your HTC thunderbolt.