HTC Wildwire can now be upgraded to all new version of Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware update, which is principally based on Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware and below, we have shared a tutorial to upgrade your devices to the same.
Since this firmware is still in early stages i.e. beta builds, then there would be few bugs but they would be fixed up in the future updates.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update HTC Wildfire S with Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- This CM10 firmware update is available only & only for HTC Wildfire S models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update HTC Wildfire S with Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- To get started, download HTC Wildfire S Cyanogen MOD 10 Firmware Package & Google Apps Package in your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer and transfer the packages to the device. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume up rocker Key button and while doing so, press the power button to enter boot loader mode. In boot loader mode, select recovery option and press power button to enter the same.
- In recovery mode, “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the Cyanogen MOD 10 firmware update package. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes. Once done, repeat the procedure for installing the Google Apps Package.
- Once the installation is over, select “Go back” in recovery mode followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully updated HTC Wildfire S with Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Android Device.