HTC Wildfire S, the device which has been discontinued by HTC in major countries has finally got a CyanogenMod 9 ICS firmware update which ropes on the latest Android 4.0 firmware. In due course of this article, we will let you know how to update your Wildfire S to this firmware easily.
Please note that this update is not from HTC or from Google, but from a third party developer CyanogenMod. Also note, that this firmware update is still on its alpha stages, so updating to this firmware is not recommended for users who rely on their mobile for day to day works. If the developers comes out with a better version, we will update here as well.
Important: We and the developers of this firmware will not be held responsible for the damages your device might encounter by following the tutorial given below. So proceed at your own risk.
Pre Requisites To Update HTC Wildfire S with Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS Firmware
- This CyanogenMod 9 ICS Firmware update is for HTC Wildfire S Android device alone and it should not be applied on any other devices.
- Take complete backup of contact list, call logs, SMS, MMS, etc., in your device using the appropriate backup applications.
- Ensure that your device is rooted and installed with custom recovery image to install this CyanogenMod 9 firmware update.
- Also, ensure that your device has a minimum battery backup of 50%. Otherwise your device might get switched off while following the procedure.
- Disable all the antivirus programs in your computer as well as your smartphone, to ensure non-interrupted update process.
Assuming that you have followed these instructions, lets move on the main process of upgrading your device with this latest CyanogenMod 9 firmware.
How To Update HTC Wildfire S with Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS Firmware
- To get started Cyanogen mod 9 for HTC Wildfire S Package directly to your computer. Once done, connect Wildfire S with your computer and transfer the package.
- Once the transfer gets finished, disconnect your device from computer.
- Now turn off the device. After that, Press and hold Volume Down key and Powering ON buttons of your device simultaneously so that it can enter into the recovery mode.
- While in recovery mode, select “Install Zip from SD Card” followed by “Choose Zip from SD Card” and select the Cyanogen mod 9 for HTC Wildfire S Package. The update process will begin and it will get finished within 5-10 minutes.
- Once it is over, select “+++Go back+++” in the recovery mode, followed by “Reboot System now”. Upon reboot, your Wildfire S will boot in the normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully updated your HTC Wildfire S with the latest CyanogenMod 9 ICS Firmware. Also, if you encounter any sort of trouble while following this tutorial do let us know, using the comments section.