Wildchild team has unveiled a new custom ROM firmware for HTC Wildfire S. Be aware about the fact that this isn’t an official firmware by HTC but it is just a custom ROM firmware which has been developed by a Senior XDA developer and as such, we should be thankful to the XDA member for this firmware.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update HTC Wildfire S with Wildchild Custom ROM Firmware
- This CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1 update is available only & only for HTC Wildfire S. So don’t try it with any other models of HTC Wildfire S.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update HTC Wildfire S with Wildchild Custom ROM Firmware
- To get started, download Wildchild Custom ROM Firmware Package in your computer and transfer the same to your device with the help of USB data cable. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn if off.
- Now press the Volume up Key + OK button simultaneously and while doing so, press the power button to make the device to enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” followed by “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the caches stored in the Smartphone.
- Once done, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the Wild Child firmware update package. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes.
- Once the installation is over, the device will land back in recovery mode. Now, select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully installed Wildchild Custom ROM firmware on your HTC Wildfire S Android Device.