Jelly Bean 4.1 CM 10 can be installed onto LG Optimus GT 540 with ease with the help of this tutorial. We should be thankful to Cyanogen Mod Company as they have come up with this update.
Readers need to keep a note that this update hasn’t been officially unveiled by LG Electronics and even we do not have any information about the ETA of the Jellybean 4.1 for LG Optimus GT 540.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to update LG Optimus GT 540 with Jellybean 4.1 Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware
- This CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1 update is available only & only for LG Optimus GT 540 models.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to update LG Optimus GT 540 with Jellybean 4.1 Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware
- To get started, download Jellybean 4.1 Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware in your computer and transfer the same to your device with the help of USB data cable. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume Down + Home simultaneously and while doing so, press the power button to make the device to enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select Full Wipe except that of sd card and even you can make a nandroid backup of the data.
- Once done, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the Jelly Bean 4.1 firmware update package. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes.
- Once the installation is over, the device will land back in recovery mode. Now, select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully installed Jelly Bean 4.1 CM10 firmware on your LG Optimus Android Device.