LG Optimus One P500 Smartphone users have something to cheer up as in due course of article, we’ll be checking a tutorial on how you can update your device with ICS 4.0.4 Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware. Be informed that this is a custom ROM and not an official firmware by LG Electronics.
This ROM has been developed on Cyanogen Mod ROM platform which has several visual changes and along with that it has other features like app2SD, numerous applications and apps which are updated till 7th June, 2012.
Note: Before applying this update, ensure that your device is rooted and custom recovery image is installed.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update LG Optimus One P500 with ICS 4.0.4 Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only LG Optimus One P500. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update LG Optimus One P500 with ICS 4.0.4 Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware
- Download ICS Firmware Package + Google Apps directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode. To enter into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Home Key + Power button.
- In the recovery mode, you may choose an option to select Full Wipe except the SD card and also you can make a NANDROID Backup of the data. Next, Flash the Firmware zip file along with the Google Apps and then choose the option of “reboot system now”.
- After the device reboots, you then will have to download and install the apps like LINK2SD and select “ext3” and reboot. After rebooting open the app and select “Autolink” from preferences to enjoy the device.
So, you’re done with the update of your LG Optimus One P500 Android device!