Earlier we saw Motorola Defy users enjoying this super stable ICS update and now it’s time for all Motorola Defy+ users to enjoy the update. If you want to apply this update, ensure that you’re on a rooted firmware.
Also, this one is too not an official release and even we do not have any info on when there would be an official update. Over a period of article, we would be checking a detailed article for the same.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Motorola Defy Plus with Super Stable ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Motorola Defy Plus. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Motorola Defy Plus with Super Stable ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- Download ICS for Motorola Defy+ & Google Apps directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode and to do the same, turn off your phone and then Volume down + Power button.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then choose the ICS 4.0.4 ROM file and also select the Google Apps ZIP package as you transferred the file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- As it’s done land back to the main recovery screen and then select, ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Motorola Defy Plus Android Phone boots up, you would be running Super Stable ICS 4.0.4 Firmware.