In due course of this article we will guide you how to Update rooted Motorola Defy smartphone with Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. One of the best part of this update is it comes with all the features like Google Now and with all other latest Google Applications.
Please be informed that it is not an official firmware update released by Motorola. It is a custom ROM firmware developed by the XDA recognized developer Quarx who has work constantly to come up with this update.
As this is a custom ROM firmware, you need to root your device. To check on whether your device is rooted or not, you may download the “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.
Pre requisites to Update Motorola Defy smartphone with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- It is always advisable to be on a safer side before trying anything new on your device, so create a backup for all your precious data’s which was available in your phone.
- After that, enable the USB Debugging in your Motorola Defy by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.
- Make sure that you have left the battery level of atleast 30% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF during the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus tools in your Motorola Defy; because it may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Finally, make sure whether you have done all the above mentioned instructions properly, after that head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to update your Motorola Defy with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Procedure to Update Motorola Defy with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Initially, you have to download Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware package and Google apps package from here to your computer.
- So, once you have downloaded then connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your device.
- After that disconnect your Motorola Defy from the computer and turn OFF the same so that it can be entered into the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in Motorola Defy can be entered by pressing and holding the Volume Down button and press the Power button to turn ON the device.
- Once you enter into the recovery mode you need to select “install zip from SD card” > “Choose zip from SD card” and then select Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware package and then the Google apps package to select OK to proceed with the installation process.
- Once the installation is done, select “Go Back” and “reboot system now” for rebooting the device.
Congrats! You’ve now successfully updated your Motorola Defy android device with Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. To check on whether the firmware is updated successfully in your device or not; just navigate to the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware version” there you will see the current firmware version is Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware version.
Incoming search terms:
- motorola mb525 custom firmware
- motorola updating defy android version
- motorola defy official zip update download
- Motorola Firmware defy
- quarx motorola defy guide