Motorola Defy users can now update their devices with the Pikachu Custom ROM firmware which is an extremely featured ROM. Be informed that this is not an official firmware and it is a custom ROM.
Few bugs have been noticed in this ROM but they would be addressed in the future updates. The known bugs are related to 3D gallery and in torch based lock screen. Sadly, there is no ETA for the Official ICS Android 4.0 for this device.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Motorola Defy with Pikachu Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Motorola Defy. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Motorola Defy with Pikachu Custom ROM Firmware
- Download Pikachu Custom ROM Firmware Package directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the file you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode. To enter into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power button.
- Next, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the Pikachu Custom ROM file as you transferred this file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- After it is done, select the option of ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Motorola Defy Android Phone boots up, you would be running Pikachu Custom Firmware.