Motorola Defy users can now update their devices with the all new Super Stable ICS 4.0.4 firmware. Over a period, we would be checking out steps you need to follow in order to apply this firmware in your device.
This update is CM9 ICS firmware and based on Froyo Kernel. Also, be aware that this is not official released and even we do not have any info on when there would be an official update.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Motorola Defy with Super Stable ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Motorola Defy. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Motorola Defy with Super Stable ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- Download latest ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware package & Google Apps directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode and to do the same, turn off your phone and then Volume down + Power button.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then choose the ICS 4.0.4 ROM file and also select the Google Apps ZIP package as you transferred the file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- As it’s done land back to the main recovery screen and then select, ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Motorola Defy Android Phone boots up, you would be running Super Stable ICS 4.0.4 Firmware.
Incoming search terms:
- ics package motorola defy