Motorola Droid Bionic receives yet another updated ducked as 5.9.905 which is still not an ICS Android 4.0.3 update. Earlier there was an update for this Motorola device and this new update fixes all the bugs which were the previous update related to Camera and backlight.
Reader, be aware this not a official released updated pushed by OTA neither we have any info on when there would be an official update.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Motorola Droid Bionic with Latest 5.9.905 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Motorola Droid Bionic. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Motorola Droid Bionic with Latest 5.9.905 Firmware
- Download 5.9.905 Firmware Zip Package directly to your Computer.
- Ensure that Motorola Drivers are installed in your Computer and next, install the install the RSD Lite 5.6 onto your PC.
- Connect your Motorola phone to the computer with the USB cable.
- After connecting, run the ‘RSD Lite’ utility in your computer.
- Hit the “. . .” button next to the box labeled “Filename” and browse and open the FXZ file. Once it’s done, you now need to wait for the programfor reading the file and then choose the “Uncompress and Start Flashing”.
- As the device gets updated successfully, the phone will get rebooted and install the two radio images.
- Once it’s updated, the device will either get back to recovery more or reboot into normal mode. If the device enters into recovery mode, then select, ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Congrats! You’re done with the Motorola Droid Bionic Android smartphone firmware update.
Incoming search terms:
- droid bionic latest firmware