Motorola Droid RAZR Smartphone can now be upgraded to all new Cyanogen Mod 10 Jelly Bean 4.1 firmware. Do keep a note that this update can be applied only to device which are rooted. Also, this is not an official update but just a custom ROM which has been developed by XDA member.
It’s an unofficial update but still it comes with various features like smarter keyboard, better UI, etc. So, follow the tutorial given below to apply this update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update Motorola Droid RAZR with Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1 Firmware
- This CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1 update is available only & only for Motorola Droid RAZR models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update Motorola Droid RAZR with Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1 Firmware
- To get started, download Jellybean 4.1 Firmware package in your computer and transfer the same to your device with the help of USB data cable. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn if off.
- Now press the Volume up Key + Volume Down simultaneously and while doing so, press the power button to make the device to enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” followed by “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the caches stored in the Smartphone.
- Once done, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the Jelly Bean 4.1 firmware update package. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes.
- Once the installation is over, the device will land back in recovery mode. Now, select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully installed Jelly Bean 4.1 firmware on your Motorola Droid RAZR Android smartphone.