Here comes good news for all the Motorola Droid users as they can install the latest jellybean 4.1.1 firmware and we would be sharing an easy tutorial to install the same below. This firmware just not has lots of good features but also comes along with the latest version of Google Apps like Google Now.
All credits for this ROM go to XDA member. This ROM is powered by Cyanogen mod 10 firmware update and ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update.
Before you apply this update, you need to ensure that your device is rooted. If you aren’t sure about the same, kindly download the ‘Root Checker’ app from the Google PLAY Store. So, ensure that you your device is rooted or you’re on a rooted firmware.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update Motorola Droid with Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- This Jellybean 4.1.1 Custom ROM firmware update is available only & only for Motorola Droid models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update Motorola Droid with Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- To get started, download Google Apps Package & Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Package in your computer and transfer the same to your device with the help of USB data cable. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer.
- Now download ‘ROM Manager’ App from the Google PLAY Store. After you install it on your device, open it and choose the option of “Reboot in Recovery Mode” so as to enter the device into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update package. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes. Once done, repeat the procedure for installing the Google Apps Package.
- Once the installation is over, the device will land back in recovery mode. Now, select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully updated Motorola Droid with Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Android Device.
Incoming search terms:
- Droid 1 4 1 dowload
- how to force update motorola droid 4
- JBSourcery 4 1 JellyBean droid x2
- motorola Droid Update 4 1 1