Over this article we will be checking out on how to install the Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware in Motorola Droid X2 android smartphone. As of now, there is no official ICS or Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware upgrades released by Motorola.
Full credits will goes to the XDA recognized developer dragonzkiller; who comes up with Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware to further enhance your overall android experience.
Before start to apply this firmware update in your Motorola Droid X2 device we advise you to download the Root Checker app from the Google Play Store and check your device is rooted or not. Just in case your device is not rooted do the same immediately. Since this is a custom ROM firmware you can apply this firmware only in the rooted device.
Working features of Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware:
- Google Now
- Audio System
- Camera (with some issues)
- Status Bar/Pulldown Customization
- Pop-up Text Message Notifications
- Home screen/Drawer Customization
- Lock screen Customization
- Quiet Hours
- Hard Button Key Remapping
Pre requisites to Update Motorola Droid X2 with Cyanogen Mod 10 Alpha 1 Firmware:
- Before start to proceed we strongly recommends you to take backup of all your valuable datas (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs, Contacts, APN Settings whatever is present in your phone). Because there is a risk of your data getting wiped of after update this firmware. Suppose if your data gets corrupted or lost due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
IMPORTANT : Don’t backup your datas with the help of PC Suites as this is a custom ROM firmware it does not recognize your device.
- Once you have created backup move them all to your computer/laptops so that they are safe.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your SONY Xperia T by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Make sure that you have left the battery level of atleast 30% unless there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF during the middle of firmware update.
- Turned OFF or preferably disable all the antivirus tools in your device because this may interrupt in the update process.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned instructions you can now head over to the next step where we summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update in your Motorola Droid X2 android smartphone.
DISCLAIMER : Update this firmware at your own risk. We and even the developer should not be held responsible or liable for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
How to Update Motorola Droid X2 with Cyanogen Mod 10 Alpha 1 Firmware:
- To get started, download the Cyanogen Mod 10 Alpha 1 firmware package and Google apps package from here to your computer.
- So once downloaded, disconnect the device and turn OFF the same so that it can be entered in the recovery mode via the boot loader mode.
- The boot loader mode in the Motorola Droid X2 can be entered by holding down Volume Down, the Camera & the Power buttons. Just in case, your device boots normally, you need to try again to enter into the same.
- After enter into the boot loop mode, you need to select “Recovery” and then select the option of “Wipe data / Factory Reset” and “Wipe cache partition” to clear all the cache files if any present in your phone.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” and then choose the Cyanogen Mod 10 Alpha 1 Firmware Package along with the Google Apps Package which you have placed already in your device.
- Once you have selected, it will take atleast 5 minutes to apply this update. Ensure that you are not interrupting the firmware update process in the middle of firmware update by pressing the power or the menu button.
TIP : Just in a rare case, if your Motorola Droid X2 device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Motorola Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn OFF the same or reinsert the battery to start the process from the beginning.
So there you go, you have successfully updated the Cyanogen Mod 10 Alpha 1 Firmware Package in your Motorola Droid X2 with Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware update.