Motorola Droid X2 users can now rejoice and upgrade their devices to ICS Alpha based Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware. Although this one is an Alpha release, some things might now work and bugs can occur but they would be addressed in the upcoming updates and future releases would be more stable.
Sadly, there won’t be any official ICS updates for Motorola Droid X2 but no worries since we’ll be sharing unofficial builds of ICS firmware right at this blog.
Disclaimer: If you’re applying this update, ensure that your device model is Motorola Droid X2. This update isn’t applicable for any NETWORK LOCKED version of Motorola Droid X2. We will not liable for damage that takes place to your device while applying this update.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites Update Motorola Droid X2 with ICS Alpha based ICS Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with HTC One X. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
Steps to Update Motorola Droid X2 with ICS Alpha based ICS Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware
- Firstly, ensure that your device is rooted.
- Download ICS Cyanogen mod 9 firmware package directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the file you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into boot loader mode. To enter into boot loader mode, press and hold Volume Down + Camera + Power button. In boot loader mode, select the option ‘recovery’ to enter into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition for clearing all the cache data. Up next, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the ICS CM9 firmware package as you transferred this file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- Next up, in recovery mode, select ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
So, you’re done with the Motorola Droid X2 Android ICS Alpha Based CyanogenMod 9 Firmware update!