Motorola Razr comes in the list of the Top 5 Ultimate Smartphone of 2012 and a popular phone with lots of features.
If you own the same phone and waiting for an update, then here is an interesting news for you as your device got an all new update namely Eclipse Custom ROM firmware which has tons of features.
In due course of this post, we would be checking a detailed guide to apply this tutorial.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Motorola Razr with Eclipse Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Motorola Razr. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Motorola Razr with Eclipse Custom ROM Firmware
- Download Eclipse Custom ROM Firmware Package . Make sure you are on rooted firmware and Safe Strap is installed in your device.
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone’s internal memory by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode and to do the same, turn off your phone and then Volume up/ Down + Power button.
- If it says, safe system is disabled, then Enable the function of Safe boot option by choosing Safe boot options and then option of “Toggle Safe System” > “Yes” and now it would show safe boot as enabled.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then choose the Eclipse ROM file as you transferred the Rom earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- After it is successfully finished, go back to the main recovery menu and select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ on the next screen.
- As its done, select, ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart.
Now when your Motorola Razr Android Phone boots up, you would be running Eclipse Custom ROM Firmware.