Motorola Xoom Wi Fi Edition users can now enjoy the benefits of Android Jellybean 4.1.1 with a newly released custom ROM firmware. In due course of this article we will be checking out the procedure to update your Motorola tablets with this new firmware.
Please be informed that this Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update is not an official one from Google nor from Motorola, but from a third party developer. So proceed at your own risk.
Important: If you follow all the steps given below carefully, you can update your tablet with this new firmware without any issues. But if you don’t follow the procedure, then your device might get bricked and we should not be held responsible.
Pre-Requisites To Update Motorola Xoom Wi Fi Edition With Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- This Jellybrean 4.1.1 firmware is released only for the Motorola Xoom Wi Fi edition tablets. So don’t try it with other versions.
- Take complete backup of the personal data in your device with the help of appropriate applications, to avoid losing them during the update process.
- Ensure that your device is rooted and installed with custom recovery image. Otherwise, this update procedure will not work.
- Make sure that your device has a minimum battery of 50% or else the device will get switched off while following the procedure.
- Disable all the antivirus applications in the computer and tablet, to avoid interruption from them.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can move on to the main update instructions which are given below.
How To Update Motorola Xoom Wi Fi Edition With Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- To get started, download Jellybean 4.1 firmware package and Google Apps Package to your computer and transfer the same to your device with the help of USB Data cable. Once done, disconnect your device from the computer and turn it off.
- Now hold the volume down button in your device while it is showing Motorola Logo, to make it enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card” and select the Jellybean 4.1 firmware package. The installation will begin and it will get completed in few moments. Now repeat the process again to install the Google Apps Package.
- Once the installation is over, select “Wipe data/factory reset” followed by “Wipe Cache partition” in the recovery mode. Once done, select “reboot system now” and wait for it to get rebooted. Upon successful reboot, your Motorola Xoom tablet will boot in normal mode.
Congrats! Now you have successfully installed Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware in your Motorola Xoom Wi Fi Edition android tablet.
Incoming search terms:
- 4 1 jellybean update for motorola zoom tablet
- google update to my Motorola tablet to jellybean 4 1 ?