The users of Motorola Xoom who have already rooted their tablet can now upgrade their device with the latest Jellybean stock android 4.1.2 JZ054K.
Please be informed that this is not an official firmware released by Motorola; it is just a stock rooted update and not a full-featured custom ROM. Full credits will goes to the XDA recognized developer stachre who come up with this update. As this is a custom ROM firmware and is still in early stages it may have few errors but it will be addressed soon in coming builds.
Over this period of article, we will be checking out how to update this firmware in Motorola Xoom device along with quick pre requisites.
COMPATIBILITY : This update is for US Xoom Wi-Fi MZ604 model alone. If you tried this in some other models it may damage your device.
Pre requisites to Update Motorola Xoom with latest Jellybean 4.1.2 JZO54K firmware:
- It is always advisable to be on a safer side before trying anything new on your device, so before start to proceed create a backup for all your precious data’s which was available in your phone. Just in case, if your data gets lost due to any reasons you could easily recover them with the help of backup.
- After that, enable the USB Debugging in your Motorola Xoom by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.
- Make sure that you have left the battery level of atleast 30% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF during the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus tools in your Motorola Xoom; because it may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Finally, make sure whether you have done all the above mentioned instructions properly, after that head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to update your Motorola Xoom with Jellybean 4.1.2 JZO54K firmware.
DISCLAIMER : Please proceed the below guide at your own risk. We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device.
Procedure to Update Motorola Xoom with latest Jellybean 4.1.2 JZO54K firmware:
- Initially, download the Jellybean 4.1.2 JZO54K firmware package from here to your computer.
- Once you have been downloaded, connect your Motorola Xoom to the computer with the help of USB cable and place it in your SD card. Make sure that you do not place the file deep inside the sub-folder because it may not get visible in the recovery mode.
- Now, disconnect your Motorola Xoom and turn OFF the same so that it can be entered into the recovery mode.
- When the Motorola logo splash screen appears, press the Volume Down button to scroll through boot options and select the “Android Recovery”. Press the Volume Up button to enter android recovery.
- In recovery, select Wipe data/factory reset and select Wipe cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
- In recovery mode, you need to select the option of “Flash Zip from SD card”. Select “Choose zip from SD card” to select the Jellybean 4.1.1 zip file which you have placed in your Motorola Xoom tablet.
- Once you have selected, your tablet starts to boots up immediately. If you want to check whether your Motorola Xoom device is updated or not; you can head over to the path “Settings > About Tablet” there it will show the current firmware as Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. If there is any other firmware, then it means that the firmware has not been updated.
Congrats! you’ve now successfully updated your Motorola Xoom android device with latest Jellybean 4.1.2 JZO54K firmware.
Incoming search terms:
- how to update xoom android 4 1 2
- how to upgrade the mime on a motorola zoom 4 1 2
- Jellybean 4 1 2 JZO54K
- room stock xoom 4 1 2
- upgrade to 4 1 adroid for Motorola XOOM 32GB
- xoom jz054k