Similar to Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus, a new Jellybean 4.1 firmware update has been arrived for the Nexus S 4G smartphones. Over the due course of this article, we will check how to install this new firmware in your Nexus S devices.
Please be informed that this Jellybean 4.1 firmware update is not from Google, but from a third party developer. So, proceed at your own risk.
Important: Don’t held us responsible or liable for any damages that might occur to your device, while following the detailed firmware update tutorial given below.
Pre-Requisites To Update Nexus S 4G with JRN84D Jellybean 4.1 Firmware
- The JRN84D Jellybean 4.1 Firmware is released for Nexus S 4G android smartphones and not for any other devices. So don’t try this update with any other devices.
- Before getting started with the update, make sure that your device is rooted and has custom recovery image installed in it. Otherwise this update will not work.
- Take complete backup of SMS, MMS, Call logs, Contacts list, etc., from your device to avoid losing the personal data during the update process.
- Ensure that your device has a minimum battery backup of 60%, so that it won’t get switched off while following the update procedure.
- Disable all the antivirus applications in your mobile as well as computer to avoid interruption from them.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can move ahead to the main update procedure which is given below.
How To Update Nexus S 4G with JRN84D Jellybean 4.1 Firmware
- To get started, download JRN84D Jellybean 4.1 Firmware directly to your computer. Once done, connect your device to the computer and transfer the downloaded files to your device. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume down button and power button of your device, so that it can enter into the recovery mode. Once in recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” followed by “Wipe Cache partition”. Once done, reboot your device. Now go to advanced settings and clear the “Wipe Dalvik Cache”. Once you have cleared all the caches, go back to the recovery mode home screen with the help of volume rocker keys.
- In the recovery mode home screen, select “Install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card” and select the JRN84D Jellybean 4.1 Firmware package which you have transferred before. The installation will begin and it will get completed within few minutes.
- Once the installation is over, the device will land back on recovery mode home screen. Select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
Congrats! Now you have successfully updated your Nexus S 4G android device with JRN84D Jellybean 4.1 Firmware.