You might ever wonder that there’s custom ROM which has some relation with Chemistry. Then we got an all new firmware version of Jelly bean 4.1.1 which is firmware version of JRO03H and it’s out for Nexus S devices.
Readers need to be informed that this isn’t an officially released firmware by Samsung or Google but has been developed and customized in a manner such that you can get the best performance and we should be thankful to a recognized XDA member who calls himself as HAKA who has developed this Custom ROM firmware.
Being a Custom ROM, this might have few bugs and issues but most have them have been addressed and this ROM has been named as Androxide.
Before, I apply this firmware on your device, ensure that your device is rooted.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update Nexus S with JRO03H Jellybean 4.1 based Androxide Firmware
- This Jelly Bean 4.1 based Androxide firmware update is available only & only for Samsung Galaxy Nexus S models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update Nexus S with JRO03H Jellybean 4.1 based Androxide Firmware
- To get started, download Jellybean 4.1 Androxide Custom ROM Firmware Zip and Google Apps Package in your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer and transfer the packages to the device. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume up rocker Key button and while doing so, press the power button to enter boot loader mode. In boot loader mode, select recovery option and press power button to enter the same and you will see a warning triangle after that.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the caches stored in your Smartphone.
- Once done, now press the power button and press the Volume Up button to select “Apply update from SD card” and select the Jelly Bean firmware package. The installation will begin and it will get completed within few minutes. Once done, repeat the procedure for installing the Google Apps Package.
- Once the installation is over, select “Go back” in recovery mode followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully installed JRO03H Jellybean 4.1 based Androxide Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus S Android Device.