Galaxy S3 is the most trending Smartphone that has entered into the market recently. The loved thing in this Smartphone was the features of Touch Wix UX interface of S3 and now you can also grab the same feature and other looks of S3 into your Samsung Epic 4G D710 as we are going to see a tutorial to update Epic 4G with Galaxy S3 themed Custom ROM firmware.
Readers need to keep a note that this is not an official firmware and it is a developed by a third-party developer. The main benefit of applying this ROM firmware is this firmware has the integrity of ICS 4.0 firmware and in addition, it has Touch Wiz UX Launcher, Wallpapers and many other modes of Galaxy S3.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Samsung Epic 4G D710 with Galaxy S3 Themed Custom ROM firmware
- The tutorial we would see today is compatible only with Samsung Epic 4G D710. So, make sure you try this tutorial only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Samsung Epic 4G D710 with Galaxy S3 Themed Custom ROM firmware
- Grab the Epic 4G EL26 Firmware package from here to your Computer. Next, download Odin and after that open it in your computer.
- Now you need to enter your device into download mode which can be entered by pressing and holding Volume Down key + Power button till the time you see a green robot on your phone confirming that you entered into download mode. If you get a warning message, just ignore it and press the Volume up button to enter the device into download mode.
- Make sure you have Opened Odin in your computer.
- Now connect your phone to computer while ensuring Odin is open in your computer.
- As soon as you connect your phone to the computer, the ID: COM section in Odin will turn Yellow.
- Click on ‘PDA’ to select the “StockCWM-EL26.tar.md5” file you downloaded earlier and then finally click on ‘Start’ button present in Odin to start the process of firmware update.
- The process would take few minutes to complete. After it is done, the phone will reboot on its own and after you see the home screen on your device, disconnect your phone by removing the USB cable.
Now, you’re done and next, follow the steps in order to apply this firmware.
- Download Galaxy S III Custom ROM Firmware directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the file you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode. To enter into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Up + Power button. In recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ so that you can clear the cache.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the ‘S3 Themed Custom ROM firmware’ as you transferred the file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- As it’s done land back to the main recovery screen, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ so that you can clear the cache and then select, ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Samsung Epic 4S Android Phone boots up, you would be running S3 themed Custom ROM firmware.