The Samsung Galaxy 3 i5801 is one of the first generation of Android smartphones. With the advent of newer and high quality Android smartphones being manufactured and released constantly, the Samsung Galaxy 3 i5801 has got left behind both in support and in firmware updates.
If you are a Samsung Galaxy 3 user you might feel dejected for the above mentioned but believe us, those days are over. We (BestAndroidBlog team) along with a group of professional developers are going to release a plenty of firmware updates for first generation Android smartphones similar to Galaxy 3.
Now in this article we are going to discuss on how to update your Samsung Galaxy 3 device with CyanogenMod 7.2 firmware which actually ropes on Android Gingerbread 2.3.7. Please be informed that this is not an official update from Google or from Samsung, but it is an update from a third party developer.
Since the firmware is in its beta stages, performing this update will result in non availability of bluetooth, USB tethering and Video camera recording. So proceed at your own risk.
Important: We and the developers of this firmware will not be held responsible or liable for any damages which might occur to your device while performing this update.
Pre-Requisites To Update Samsung Galaxy 3 i5801 With Cyanogen Mod 7.2 Firmware
- This CyanogeMod 7.2 Firmware is released for Samsung Galaxy 3 i5801 mobile phones. So, don’t try it with any other devices.
- Take complete backup of contact list, call logs, SMS, MMS, etc., in your device using data backup applications.
- Make sure that your device is rooted before performing this update. Otherwise this update will not work.
Note: Rooting Samsung Galaxy 3 will void its warranty.
- Ensure that your device has a minimum battery of 60% left it it. Otherwise it will get switched off during the update process.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your mobile as well as your computer for non-interrupted update.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can proceed with the main instructions for updating your device.
How To Update Samsung Galaxy 3 i5801 With Cyanogen Mod 7.2 Firmware
- To get started, Download the Cyanogen mod 7.2 Firmware Package & Google Apps Package directly to your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy 3 device to the computer and transfer the downloaded packages. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from your computer and turn it off.
- Now press and hold the volume up key, volume down key, home button and the power button simultaneously to enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Install Zip from SD Card” followed by “Choose Zip from SD Card” and select the Cyanogen mod 7.2 Firmware Package. Now select “Yes” with the help of volume rocker keys and home button to start the installation process. Once it is over, repeat this same procedure and install the Google Apps Package.
- Once you have installed both the packages, select “Go Back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon reboot, your Samsung Galaxy 3 device will boot up in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy 3 i5801 Android device with Gingerbread 2.3.7 Based CyanogenMod 7.2 Firmware.