Here we comes with one good news for Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 smartphone users they can now install the latest version of Cyanogen Mod 7.2 firmware in their device.
Please make a note that this is not an official firmware version released by Samsung Electronics it is just a custom ROM firmware. The name of the firmware is Droid Ace and ropes in the latest Cyanogen Mod 7.2 firmware. This firmware is further optimized for best performance and best user interface.
Unfortunately, there won’t be any other higher official updates like ICS 4.0 or Jellybean 4.1 firmware update but all thanks to the XDA recognized developer masterex567 who has constantly working to come up with this update.
Pre requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 with Droid ACE v2.1 Firmware:
- After update this firmware, the data which was present in your phone may wiped off, so we recommends you to take backup of your data’s before start to apply this update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.
- Make sure that you have left the battery level of atleast 40% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF during the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus tools in your device because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- As this is a custom ROM firmware you need to check whether your device is rooted or not with the help of Root Checker app which can be downloaded from Google Play Store.
Finally, make sure whether you have performed all the above mentioned instructions properly, after that head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to update your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 tablet with Droid ACE v2.1 Firmware.
DISCLAIMER : We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 with Droid ACE v2.1 Firmware:
- Initially, you need to download Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830-S3 Custom ROM Firmware package from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer and then place the downloaded zip file in your device’s internal memory.
- Once you have placed, disconnect the device and turn OFF the same so that it can be entered into the recovery mode.
- The Recovery mode in the Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 can be entered by holding the Menu Button and then Power On the device. Just in case, your device turns ON in the normal mode instead of recovery mode then you need to retry the process until it enter into the recovery mode then only you can apply this update.
- In the recovery mode, select the option “install zip from SD card” > “Choose zip from SD card” and then finally choose the Cyanogen Mod 7.2 firmware zip file which is placed in the phone.
- Once the file is selected, the update will be applied and it will take around 5 minutes. After that the device will land back to the recovery mode screen, there you have to select “reboot system now” by selecting “Go back” option with the help of Volume keys and power button.
- Suppose, your device does not power up or say it gets into the boot loop sequence, all you need to do is just reinsert the battery and refollow the all above mentioned instructions.
Congrats! You’ve now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 with Droid ACE Cyanogen Mod 7.2 firmware.
Incoming search terms:
- galaxy ace 2 cyanogen download no ads