The Samsung Galaxy Fit GT S5670 users can now easily rooted their device; and those who have already rooted can now upgrade their device with the latest Custom ROM Firmware which looks similar to that of Windows Phone.
This custom ROM firmware comes with the additional features like Bluetooth and MTP/USB storage mode which is missing in the Windows based smartphone.
In due course, of this article we are guiding you what are all the steps you should follow to update this latest custom ROM firmware in Samsung Galaxy Fit GT 5670 device.
Tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy Fit GT S5670:
Before applying this update in your device it is important to check whether your device is rooted or not. If not so then do it immediately.
If you are not sure about the same then download the “Root Checker” app from Google PLAY store and check the device whether it is rooted or not.
DISCLAIMER: We should not held responsible or liable for any damages that occur to your device if you do not follow the given below instructions. But it is very unlikely if you follow them properly.
Pre-requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy Fit GT S5670 with Windows Phone Styled Custom ROM Firmware:
- Before you start to apply this update in your device, we strongly recommend you to take a backup of all your valuable data (i.e SMS, MMS, Photos, Videos, Contacts) present in your phone. Because, if you lost your data due to any reason you can easily get back with the help of them.
- But don’t use KIES PC Suite because it does not support the custom ROM firmware.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of atleast 50% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you confirmed you have done all the above mentioned instructions, then you can switch over to the next steps which we have given below to apply this firmware update in your device.
How to Update Galaxy Fit S5670 with Windows Phone Styled Custom ROM Firmware:
- First download the latest WP7 Styled Custom ROM firmware and Google Apps package from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, then connect your phone in the mass storage mode to the computer and place these two files in your device. Make sure that you are not placing these two zip files deep into the sub folders.
- Now, disconnect the device and allow the device to enter into the recovery mode. It can be enter by pressing the Holding Button and then Power ON the device. If it turns on into the normal mode then try again to enter into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode you need to select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” and then choose the WP7 Firmware Zip file and the Google Apps Package which are placed in the phone.
- Once the update process is completed, the device will again land back to the recovery screen. In the recovery screen, select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then choose the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the system.
- If the phone refuses to show the home screen even after 5 minutes of restart, you need to then reinsert the battery. Please note that it may take longer time than expected time for the first reboot.
In case, your device getting the force close errors in certain apps, then clear the cache and wipe the data from the recovery mode and then select the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
If the update process gets failed or interrupted due to any reasons, then you need to apply the update again by following the steps again from the start and also don’t forget to restore the backup which you have taken in the initial steps.
Congratulations! there you go now you have successfully applied Windows Phone 7.5 themed Custom ROM Firmware to the Samsung Galaxy Fit GT S5670 android device.
Incoming search terms:
- galaxy fit windows phone