The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 users can now update their smartphone with android Revolution HD Custom ROM firmware. This firmware is dubbed as Android Revolution Firmware. This firmware doesn’t reportedly comes with many applications, but it delivers superior stability and highly customizable User interface. The new User Interface comes with a stock theme option.
Please make a note that the Android Revolution HD ROM and the procedure which we have given in this article are compatible only for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 model and will not work with any other device. You can check your device model number by navigating to the path Settings > About Phone.
As this is a custom ROM firmware you need to check whether your device is rooted and ClockworkMod Recovery is installed in your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone. To do that you can download and install the Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
DISCLAIMER : We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Android Revolution HD Custom ROM Firmware:
- It is always advisable to be on a safer side, before try anything newly in your device, so before start to apply this firmware create a backup of your favorite apps, important personal data and Settings etc. So, just in case if you lost your datas due to any reasons you could recover them easily with the help of backups.
- After that, enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. This feature supports USB connectivity for your Android phone with the computer.
- Make sure that you have left the battery level of atleast 60% or else there is a risk of your device getting shut down during the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus tools in your Samsung Galaxy Note 2; because it may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned instructions properly, head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Android Revolution HD Custom ROM Firmware.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Android Revolution HD Custom ROM Firmware:
- First, download the XXALJ3 Jellybean 4.1.1 android revolution custom ROM firmware package from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, then connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and copy the ROM zip file to the root folder of your phone’s SD card.
- So, once you copied the zip file, unplug the phone and turn OFF the same so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode in Samsung Galaxy Note 2 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + Home key button (the middle button) and while holding these both keys, press the Power button for turning the device ON.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cachepartition” and then select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are running another custom ROM firmware on your phone.
- Once you have selected, click “install zip from SD card” and select Choose zip from SD card. Finally browse and select the Android Revolution HD custom ROM firmware package which you have placed already in your phone.
- Double-tap on the ROM zip-file to begin its installation. It will take few more minutes to complete the installation of this update.
- Once the update is done, hit go back and select reboot system now. Please make a note that the first reboot will take longer time than the expected time.
NOTE : Just in case, your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 enters into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck at the welcome screen, just reinsert the battery and repeat the all above mentioned instructions to complete the ROM installation procedure.
Congrats! You’ve now successfully update your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 device with Android Revolution HD Custom ROM Firmware.