In due course of this article, we will be checking out on how to update the liquid Smooth RC3 custom ROM firmware in Galaxy Note N7000 device. Please make a note that this is not an Official firmware released by Samsung. This is a Custom ROM firmware released by XDA Recognized Developer Faryaab.
Since this is a custom ROM firmware you need to root your device. To check on whether your Galaxy Note N7000 smartphone is rooted or not, you can download the “Root Checker” app from Google PLAY Store. If your device is not rooted then do that immediately to apply this update.
This custom ROM firmware comes with many advantages when compared to the dry stock ROM which is released by Samsung which lacks customized user interface, add-on applications and much more. This Liquid Smooth RC3 custom ROM firmware is based on the EXT4 format and is very fast when compared to the dry stock firmware.
IMPORTANT : This firmware can only be applied on the rooted Galaxy Note N7000 devices International version.
Features of Liquid Smooth RC3 custom ROM firmware:
- Liquid Splasher (New Liquid Settings)
- Theme Chooser
- Custom Navbar Ring Targets (Up to 5)
- Status Bar Mods – Battery, Clock, Provider Name Changer and more…
- Customizable Colors throughout the Rom
- Startup script control (sysctl, cron, zipalign etc)
- Forced Tablet Mode with DPI Changer
- Lockscreen text color, layouts etc, 5-8 Options
- Color & Alignment (Clock)
- Custom Navbar Targets (Up to 7)
- Liquid Launcher (Custom with extra options)
- Framework optimizations to enhance performance
- Ultra Slim Size: Deodexed, Debloated, Zip-Aligned and Opti-png
- Toggles (Both AOKP/CM style)
Please follow the necessary pre requisites which we have given below to apply this firmware update safely and successfully in your device.
Pre requisites to Update Liquid Smooth RC3 custom ROM firmware in Galaxy Note N7000:
- There is a risk of data getting wiped off after applying this update, so we strongly advise to take backup of all your precious data available in your phone. In case your data might corrupted due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
- Once you have created backup for all your datas move them to the computer so that they are safe.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy Note N7000 device by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Make sure that you have left the minimum battery level of 40% to avoid your device getting turned OFF while applying this firmware update.
- Turned OFF or preferably disable all the antivirus tools in your device because this may interrupt in the update process.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned steps, you can head over to the next steps where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply the custom ROM firmware.
DISCLAIMER : Update this firmware at your own risk. We and even the developer won’t be held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps
How to Update Liquid Smooth RC3 custom ROM firmware in Galaxy Note N7000:
1. To get started, first download the Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware in your device.
2. And also, download the Liquid Smooth RC3 Custom ROM firmware and Google Apps Package from here to your computer.
3. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of USB cable and place the two files in your device and disconnect the same to turn OFF the Galaxy Note.
4. Hold the Volume Up Button + Home key Button (i.e middle button) while holding these both keys, simultaneously press the Power button so that the device turns ON in the recovery mode.
5. In the recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Also, select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are on the custom ROM firmware.
6. After that, select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” and then choose the Liquid Smooth RC3 custom ROM firmware Package & Google Apps package which you have placed already in your Galaxy Note.
7. Once you have selected; it will take upto 5 minutes to apply this update in your device.
8. As soon as the update is applied successfully, the device will be rebooted automatically. Please make a note that it may take numerous time than the expected time for rebooting the device.
NOTE : Just in case, if the device gets into the boot loop sequence or gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and refollow the all above mentioned instructions to apply this update.
Congo! now you have successfully updated the Liquid Smooth RC3 custom ROM firmware in your Galaxy Note N7000 android smartphone. If you face any issues then let us know in the comments section.