In this article, we will be checking out on how to install the latest AOKP 4 firmware version in Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 device. Unfortunately, there is no ETA on by when there will be an official Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update but all thanks to the AOKP team for coming out with this latest AOKP built of firmware.
Please be informed that since this is a custom ROM firmware you need to root your device before start to apply this firmware update. To check on whether your device is rooted or not you can download the “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.
COMPATIBILITY: This firmware can only be applied on the Galaxy Note N7000 devices and that too should be in International mode. It should not be applied on the network locked or contract devices.
New Features of AOKP 4 firmware:
- Enabled USB mass storage emulation for certain devices (i9*)
- Flip or shake your device to snooze/dismiss the alarm (check alarm settings)
- Custom NavBar Ring on tablets
- Take Screenshot from NavBar
- Force dual panel view on any device
Pre requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 with Jellybean 4.1.1 based AOKP 4 Firmware:
Before start to apply this firmware update in your device, we strongly advice you to take back up of all your precious data present in your phone. This would help you just in case your data might corrupted due to any reason.
IMPORTANT : Don’t try to backup your data with the help of KIES. Since it is a custom ROM firmware it does not detect the device. And also don’t create the backup with the help of ROM Manager as it may brick the device completely
- So, once you have created a backup move all the files, to the computer by connecting your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable so that they are safe.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of at least 40% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle off firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by selecting the appropriate option in your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 smartphone by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update in your Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone.
DISCLAIMER : Update this firmware at your own risk. We and even the developer won’t be held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 with AOKP firmware version:
- To get started, download the AOKP Firmware package from here to your computer and also download the ROM Manager app from the Google Play Store.
- Once it has been downloaded, connect your Galaxy Note android phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the downloaded zip file in your phone.
- After that disconnect the phone, and turn of your Galaxy Note N7000 and hold the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button) and while holding these both keys, press the Power button also for turning the device ON in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Also, select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are on the custom ROM firmware.
- After that, select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” and then choose the AOKP 4 Custom ROM firmware Package & Google Apps package which you have placed in your phone.
- To apply this update it will take 4-5 minutes. Once the device is updated, the device will land up in the recovery mode screen.Select “Go Back” and select “Reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
NOTE : Just in case, if the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just reinsert the battery and refollow the all above mentioned instructions.
Congo! you have now successfully applied the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 based AOKP 4 Firmware in Galaxy Note N7000 smartphone. Share your thoughts in the comments section.
Incoming search terms:
- firmware 4 1 1 for galaxy note 2