Finally Samsung has released the Official Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.4 firmware for Samsung Galaxy R I9103 smartphone. The official firmware is titled as XWLP2. Please make a note that; this firmware is not yet released all over the world but still you can update them manually.
One of the goodness of this firmware is it comes with all the features and all the issues related to the battery and Wi-Fi has been addressed in this version. As this is a official firmware, the warranty of your device also will not get void after applying this update. And also, if you are on any of the custom ROM firmware, after applying this update, the warranty can be restored.
So, the users of this smartphone those who wants to apply this firmware in their device can make use of the tutorial which we have given below. But before start to proceed you need to strictly follow the pre requisites.
DISCLAIMER : Follow the given below steps at your own risk. We and even the developer will not be held responsible for damages takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy R I9103 smartphone with Official ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware:
- You need to take complete backup of all your valuable datas before start to apply this firmware update. Just in case, if you lose the data due to any reasons you could easily recover them with the help of backup. But don’t try to backup your data with the help of KIES; because Samsung has released this update only in the selected countries. Suppose if you are in unselected countries, the KIES won’t detect your device.
- Once you have created the backup, you need to enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Ensure that the USB Debugging option is ticked.
- You should left the battery level of atleast 60% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus tools in your device to avoid its interruption during the firmware update.
So, once you have finished over all the above mentioned instructions head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update in your Samsung Galaxy R I9103 smartphone.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy R I9103 smartphone with Official ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware:
- Initially, you need to download the XWLP2 ICS 4.0.4 firmware package after that again you have to download Odin to your computer.
- Once you have been downloaded, extract both the zip files preferably to your desktop and Open Odin in your computer.
- After that you must Switch OFF your device so that it can be entered into the download mode.
- Download mode in Samsung Galaxy R I9103 can be entered by pressing the Volume Down Rocker Key + Power Button at the same time while the device is Turned OFF. Just in case, your device starts in the normal mode, instead of download mode, you need to try again until it enter into the download mode, unless you can’t apply the update.
- Once, the device enters in the download mode, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and click on “PDA” in Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the XWLP2 firmware. Please ensure that the ID:COM section in Odin has turned yellow or else the firmware can’t be applied.
- Click on “Start” for starting the process of firmware update and wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
- Once the process is completed, the device has been rebooted automatically within few minutes.
Finally, You’ve successfully update your Samsung Galaxy R I9103 smartphone with Official ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware. Enjoy its features!
Incoming search terms:
- i9103 ics kies