The Samsung Galaxy S 4G users who wants to update their smartphone with Paranoid custom ROM firmware can make use of the guide which we have given below. The Paranoid tablet based firmware is one of the most popular custom ROM firmware which ropes the goodness of ICS Android 4.0 firmware along with many core features.
Unfortunately, there is no ETA on by when there will be an official firmware update. This custom ROM firmware will solve your purpose to a certain extend of making use of ICS android 4.0 in your device. This update ropes in the latest ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware.
DISCLAIMER : We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy S 4G smartphone with Paranoid tablet based Custom ROM Firmware:
- It is always advisable to be on a safer side, before try anything newly in your device, so before start to apply this firmware create a backup of your favorite apps, important personal data and Settings etc. So, just in case if you lost your datas due to any reasons you could recover them easily with the help of backups.
- After that, enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S 4G by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.
- As this is a custom ROM firmware you need to ensure whether your device is rooted or not. And also ensure all the drivers are installed successfully in your computer.
- Make sure that you have left the battery level of atleast 60% or else there is a risk of your device getting shut down during the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus tools in your Samsung Galaxy S 4G; because it may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned instructions properly, head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to update your Samsung Galaxy S 4G with Paranoid Custom ROM Firmware.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S 4G Smartphone with Paranoid Tablet Based Custom ROM Firmware:
- Once downloaded, then connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip files in your phone, ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the device as it may not get detected in the recovery mode.
- After placing the file, unplug the device and turn OFF the same so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode in Samsung Galaxy S 4G Smartphone can be entered by Holding the Volume Up Button + Home Key Button (the middle button) and while holding these both buttons, press the Power button for turning the device ON.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/Factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” and then select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are on the custom ROM firmware.
- Now, in the recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” > “Choose zip from SD card” and then choose the Paranoid Custom ROM firmware package and Google Apps Package which you have placed in the device.
- Once you have selected, it will take few more minutes to apply this update. After that tap “Go Back” and select the option of reboot system now. Once the device is booted successfully, you can see that the device is updated with this latest paranoid custom ROM firmware.
NOTE : Just in case, your Samsung Galaxy S 4G smartphone gets into the boot loop sequence then you need to turn OFF the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn OFF you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Congrats! You’ve now successfully update your Samsung Galaxy Note S 4G device with Paranoid Tablet Based Custom ROM Firmware.