Galaxy S 4G T959V phone can now be easily upgraded to Slim Bean ICS firmware. Readers do keep a note that this isn’t an official firmware update unveiled by Samsung Electronics neither we have any idea of the ETA of the official update.
Although as the title says this one is an ICS version firmware but it also arrives with various features of Jelly Bean along with various pre-loaded add-on applications.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy S 4G T959V with Slim Bean ICS Firmware
- This Slim Bean ICS firmware update is available only & only for Samsung Galaxy S 4G T595V models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S 4G T959V with Slim Bean ICS Firmware
- To get started, download Slim ROM ICS Package and Galaxy S 4G Zip package in your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer and transfer the packages to the device. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume up Key + OK button and while doing so, press the power button to see a warning message. Now press the Volume Down key to make the device to enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the caches stored in your Smartphone.
- Once done, select “install zip from SD Card” followed by “choose zip from SD card” and select the Slim ROM ICS package. The installation will begin and it will get completed within few minutes. Once done, repeat the procedure for installing the Galaxy S 4G ZIP Package.
- Once the installation is over, select “Go back” in recovery mode followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully installed Slim Bean ICS firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S 4G Android device.
Incoming search terms:
- how to get jelly bean on sgs4g t959v
- Samsung Galaxy S 4g T595V
- samsung galaxy t595v
- sd card in boot menu for sgh-T595v