The users of Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G can now rejoice the benefit of latest Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware. It ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update. As of now, there is no ETA on by when there will be an official update of Jellybean released by Samsung, but all thanks will goes to the XDA Senior Member dr4stic for coming out with this unofficial version of Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware.
As this is a custom ROM firmware you need to root your device for applying this update. If you are not sure whether your device is rooted or not just download the Root Checker app from Google PLAY Store. Just in case, if your device is not rooted then do the same. Once, your phone is rooted, then download the ROM Manager app from the Google Play Store to flash the recovery in your device.
Pre requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G with Jellybean Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware:
- First of all, you need to create the backup before start to apply this update. Because, if your data get lost or erased due to any reason you could easily recover them with the help of backup.
- But, don’t backup with the help of KIES as this is a custom ROM firmware it does not recognize your device.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of at least 40% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by selecting the appropriate option in your Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Finally, make sure whether you have performed all the above mentioned instructions properly, after that head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to update your Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G with Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware .
DISCLAIMER : We and even the developer won’t be held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G with Jellybean Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware:
- To get started, first download the Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware package and Google apps package from here to your computer.
- So, once downloaded then connect your Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip files in your device.
- Once you have placed the file, disconnect the device and turn OFF your phone so that it can be entered into the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In the recovery mode, select “Wipe data/ factory reset” & Wipe Cache partition” and then select “install zip from SD card” ”> > “choose zip from internal SD card” to select the Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware package and Google apps package placed in your device.
- Once you have selected, you need to take wait for atleast 5 minutes for applying this update.
- Once the update is applied, the select the option “Go Back” and “Reboot System now” with the help of Volume Up/Down keys and Power button. Please make a note that it will take longer time than the expected time for rebooting the device.
Congrats! You’ve successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G android device with Jellybean Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware.
Incoming search terms:
- jelly bean update for samsung galaxy s blaze
- samsung galaxy s blaze cyanogenmod
- update samsung blaze