Now Samsung Galaxy S got to install another update which is the Elite v11 Custom ROM dubbed as IMM76I version and all galaxy users can easily apply this update with the steps which we are going to see today in the due course of this article.
Readers need to be aware that this isn’t an official update by Google or Samsung but developer by a famous XDA developer. So, let us move to the tutorial.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy S with IMM76I Elite v11 Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Galaxy S GT I9000. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
Steps to Update Galaxy S with IMM76I Elite v11 Custom ROM Firmware
- Grab the Alternate Link from here to your Computer.
- Now connect your phone to computer.
- Move the downloaded ROM to your Phone.
- Disconnect your phone by removing the USB cable and make sure that ROM manager is installed in your computer. After you install ROM Manager, flash the CWM recovery in your device by opening the ROM manager App.
- Turn off your phone to enter into recovery mode. You can install it easily by following the on screen instructions.
- To enter the same, press and hold Volume up button + Home Key + Power button.
- As you enter into recovery mode, Select ‘install ZIP from SD card’ and then ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and select the Elite v11 IMM76I ROM you copied to your phone earlier and confirm installation on the next screen.
- The update would complete within 5 minutes.
- Once it’s done, select go back option and then reboot system now.
- And you have successfully accommodated the update.
Now when your Phone boots up, you would be running IMM76I Elite v11 Custom ROM Firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S Android device.