Now all those people who have been using Samsung Galaxy S GT I9100 can now roll their sleeves up as their devices can now be updated with the newly released IMM761 based Stable ICS 4.0.4 firmware and now they can easily apply this update using the detailed guide we would be sharing.
Be aware that this isn’t an official release by Samsung Electronics and we do not have any information on when there would be an official update. But we should be thankful to the developers who created this firmware.
Note: Before you are going to apply these steps, ensure that you are on the rooted XXJVU Firmware.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy S with Stable ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy S GT I9100. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S with Stable ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- Download IMM76I based ICS 4.0.4 custom ROM firmware &Google Apps directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode and to do the same, turn off your phone and then Volume down + Home key (Middle button) + Power button.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then choose the Stable ICS 4.0.4 ROM file and also select the Google Apps ZIP package as you transferred the file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- As it’s done, the device would reboot automatically and if not, then just land back to the main recovery screen and then select, ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Samsung Galaxy S Android Phone boots up, you would be running Stable ICS 4.0.4 Firmware.