If you have the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 or Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 smartphone then you can update your device with new AOKP Build 3 firmware version.
The good reason to update this firmware in your device is that; it comes with additional apps and features which we have summed up below. The modem has also been renewed in this firmware so as to give the best performance in Wi Fi.
- Expert Calculator functions (Graph, Matrices, etc.) (CM)
- IME Switcher & Vib/Ring toggle as NavRing target
- Stop Watch and Countdown in the Clock app (CM)
- SMS Quick Reply
Please make a note that to apply this update you need to root your device. If you want to check whether your device is rooted or not then download the “Root checker” app from Google Play Store and check the same. If it is not rooted then do that immediately.
Once, you have rooted your device, download the “ROM Manager” app too from Google Play Store and follow the Pre requisites which we have given below to update this firmware successfully and safely in your device.
IMPORTANT : We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre Requisites to Update AOKP 3 Firmware in Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S3 device:
- Before start to apply this update we strongly recommend you to take backup of all your precious data (i.e SMS, MMS, Contacts, Bookmarks, APNs etc) present in your phone. Just in case; if your data might corrupted or lost due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
- But never try to back up your data with the help of KIES as it may brick your device.
- Once you have created a backup of the data, move all the backup files to your computer so that they are safe.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of atleast 40% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned instructions, head over to the next step where we have summed up the detailed procedure on how to apply this update.
How to Update AOKP 3 Firmware in Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S3 device:
- First download the below mentioned corresponding firmware from here to your computer.
- And also download the Google Apps Package. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer and place the two files which we have mentioned above in your phone.
- Once you have placed the appropriate file in your phone, turn OFF the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in your Galaxy S2 or S3 device can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button).
- In recovery mode, select Clear cache and wipe all the data present in your phone so as to make sure that there are no force close errors after applying this update.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” and then choose the placed AOKP Firmware Package.
- Once the file selection is over, the firmware will be applied within 10 minutes, you can see the progress of firmware update with the help of a progress bar.
- As soon as you see the home screen, select “Go Back” to select the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
NOTE : In case if your device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn OFF the same or reinsert the battery to start the process from the start.