Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 Android devices has got the official ICS 4.0.4 firmware update this week. Dubbed as XWLPO, this firmware ropes on the ICS 4.0.4 version. Since this update is officially released only on UK, people from other countries will have to do the update manually.
Please note that to apply this update, you don’t need to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 devices and even if you have rooted your device before, it will be revoked and your device warranty can be reclaimed. As of now there is no official update from Samsung as well as Google on when the Android Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update will be released.
Disclaimer: Don’t held us responsible for any damages your device might encounter while following this firmware update tutorial.
Pre-Requisites To Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Official ICS 4.0.4 XWLPO Firmware
- The ICS 4.0.4 XWLPO firmware update has been released for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 models. So don’t try it with any other models of Galaxy S2.
- Take complete backup of your SMS, MMS, Contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the smartphone before applying this update.
- Ensure that your smartphone battery has a minimum battery of 50%, otherwise it might get switched off during the update process.
- Disable all the antivirus applications in your mobile and computer to avoid interruption from them.
Once you have completed all these pre-requisites, you can move on with the main firmware update procedure which is given below.
How To Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Official ICS 4.0.4 XWLPO Firmware
- To get started, download ICS 4.0.4 XWLPO Firmware package & Odin into your computer. Once done, extract both the packages to get the .tar file and Odin executable file. Now, run the Odin executable file to open Odin in your computer.
- Now turn off your smartphone and press the Volume down Key, Center button simultaneously and while doing so press the power button, so that your Galaxy S2 smartphone can enter into the download mode.
- In download mode, connect your device with the computer where Odin is running. If you have done everything right, you will see the ID : COM section in Odin turn into yellow.
- Now click on “Start” in Odin to apply the firmware update. It will take 5-10 minutes for the update to get completed and once it is over, your device will be rebooted.
- Now disconnect the device from the computer and check the firmware version by following the path – “Settings > About phone > Firmware version” where you will see XWLPO mentioned under firmware.
That’s it. Now you have successfully updated your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 smartphone with official ICS 4.0.4 XWLPO firmware.
Incoming search terms:
- android 4 0 4 update for gt 19100
- samsung galaxy s2 GTi9100 update