The Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 smartphone users can now rejoice the benefit of Jellybean 4.1 based Dragon ROM firmware. This custom ROM firmware is incorporated with a rich set of features, and it brings a refreshing look to the ageing Android interface.
The XXDLIB based Dragon ROM and the instructions which we have given below are compatible only for the international version of Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 model number so don’t try with any other devices as it may brick your device. You can check your device model number by head over to the path Settings > About Phone.
The installation of Dragon ROM requires your device to be pre-installed with XXDLIB baseband firmware. And also it is necessary to root your device with XXDLIB firmware. If you are not sure whether your device is rooted or not you can download the Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
IMPORTANT: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Jelly Bean 4.1 based Dragon custom ROM firmware:
- It is always advisable to be on a safer side, before try anything newly in your device, so before start to apply this firmware create a backup of your favorite apps, important personal data and Settings etc. So, just in case if you lost your datas due to any reasons you could recover them easily with the help of backups.
- Make sure that you have installed the Samsung USB drivers and latest KIES software for your smartphone, which will be required later to install the Jelly Bean update.
- After that, enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. This feature enables the USB connectivity for your Android phone with the computer.
- Make sure that you have left the battery level of atleast 30% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF during the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus tools in your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300; because it may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned instructions properly, head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Jellybean 4.1 based Dragon custom ROM firmware.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Jelly Bean 4.1 based Dragon custom ROM firmware:
- Initially, download the latest Dragon Custom ROM firmware which is based on the Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware from here to your computer.
- So, once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in the external SD card.
- Once you have placed the zip file, unplug the phone from computer and turn OFF the same so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, select “Install zip from SD card” > “Choose zip from SD card” and then choose the Dragon Custom ROM firmware package which you have placed already in the external SD card.
- Once the installation begins it will take few minutes for apply the update. After the update process has finished, the phone will reboot and prompts you to enter the Google Account information and Wi-Fi Settings.
- While doing this, if you face any force close errors or unexpected app termination, then restart your phone in the recovery mode then click Wipe data/factory reset and hit Wipe Cache partition. Finally, select advanced option and wipe the Dalvik cache.
NOTE : Just in case, your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 enters into the boot loop sequence or gets stuck then turn OFF the device and reapply the update from the start. To turn OFF the device, just reinsert the battery or long press the power button.
- If you want to check whether the firmware has been updated or not, you can navigate to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware version will be shown as XXDLIB based Dragon custom ROM Firmware.
Congrats! You’ve now successfully update your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 android device with Jelly Bean 4.1 based Dragon custom ROM firmware.